Merry Christmas to all and on behalf of all the team here, I would like to thank you all for your incredible support throughout this year.
For all of us it has been a very busy year, your support has been very important to us. We have achieved a lot this year and now is the time to relax a bit, to take a breath that would start the new year with renewed vigor.
In this magical Christmas day we want to thank all of you again, and wish Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you and your families.
MERRY CHRISTMAS TO YOU ALL!!!
For your convenience, we have developed a convenient system messages on the site. Usual means of communication such as telephone and comments as well at your service. Once you see a product/service that you are interested in, the next step is to contact the ad poster. In this article, we’ll outline some tips and guidelines when you contact the ad poster. Just don’t forget to mention, that you found the ad on eireads.com
There are essentially three ways for you to contact posters who posted an ad on the classifieds. These are:
Many classified ads contain a phone number to secure speedier transactions. Give the seller a call on the phone number provided to ask questions about the product/service or to book an appointment. It is better to talk to the seller by phone prior to sending any money.
Getting publisher’s phone number on eireads.com (click to enlarge)
At Eireads, you will be able to view the seller’s phone number when you click “show” which is found on the right side of the ad. You can ask for clarifications and more details about the item.
This is the most popular communication tool when using online classifieds. Many classified websites have a message feature that lets people communicate using an anonymous communication channel. These types of services provide a layer of protection against fraud.
Using messaging on eireads.com (click to enlarge)
Messaging the seller is recommended if you need a large set of documents or paperwork to proceed with the sale.
You can contact the seller by posting a comment on the ad. It will make your interest known and the transaction can go from there. Contacting the seller this way is best if you have general questions about the product or how to proceed.
Commenting on eireads.com (click to enlarge)
Now that you know how to contact the seller on Eireads, the tips below will help protect you against fraud throughout the sale process.
- Ask questions - during your communication with the seller, whether by phone or email, make sure to clarify the details about the history and condition of the item. Ask to see photos if necessary.
- Limit personal info – unless it is absolutely necessary, refrain from providing your home address or telephone number to the seller. However, if the seller seems credible, you may need to provide your name and mobile number.
- Keep the payment simple – do not pay upfront for an item through Western Union or MoneyGram. Instead, it is best to pay in cash and in person once you receive the item.
- Meet in a public place – once you’ve decided to buy the item, it is highly recommended for you to meet the seller in a public place. If the item is large (like an appliance), let someone know where you are going. If possible, ask a friend to go with you.
“It is better to be safe than sorry.” Remember to be careful when sending money to someone you haven’t met in person. Take advantage of escrow services whenever possible as a safety precaution.
For a lot of people, driving is a necessity but that doesn’t mean you should spend more than you need to. It is possible to lower your fuel bill by driving smarter. In this article, we’ve compiled 10 easy ways you can save money on fuel. These practical guidelines can be done during everyday travels.
- Remove unnecessary baggage – the car engines need to work harder when it is carrying heavier loads. Make it a point to remove the stuff at the boot of your car. Keep your car as light as possible. Your efforts will be reflected in your petrol bill.
- Check your tire pressure – make sure that your car tires have enough air. Under-inflated tires are dangerous and it also increases your fuel consumption significantly.
- Turn off the engine – if you expect the car to be stationary for more than a minute, you should turn off the engine. Modern cars are highly efficient so you won’t waste lots of fuel in turning the engine back on.
- Keep the right gear – shift to a higher gear as soon as you can. Driving at lower engine speeds is recommended. In addition, you should anticipate the road ahead to avoid sudden braking.
- Drive at a fixed speed – whenever possible, try to maintain your speed when driving. Sudden acceleration and deceleration wastes fuel. Driving at fixed speeds may also prolong the life of your engine and batteries.
- Keep the engine maintained – have your car checked every year to determine which types of maintenance it requires. Maintaining the engine is particularly important because it is the “heart” of any vehicle.
- Remove external gadgets – car manufacturers have designed vehicles that are as aerodynamic as possible. Adding external gadgets such as racks or roof boxes increases the drag of the car, making the engines work harder.
- Buy a car according to your needs – if the main reason why you’re buying a car is to travel to and from work, then it would be more practical to buy a sedan as opposed to a 4×4 SUV. A smaller car consumes a lot less fuel so you get significant savings.
So before you buy a car, keep these tips in mind. It is important to look at these factors before you purchase a car on classified websites. Basically, improving the fuel economy of your car can help you save money over the long term.
If you are like most homeowners, you probably wish that your monthly electricity bill is lower. Electricity costs have been soaring in recent years and it is placing a heavy burden on homeowners. Fortunately, there are practical ways to save on your electricity bill. In this article, we’ll give you the lowdown on how to cut your electric bill significantly.
- Avoid using the electric heater; use the fireplace instead – during wintertime, electricity costs soar because you need to put on the heater to keep warm. Most people have no choice but to put it on but there is an alternative: the good ol’ fashion fireplace. Determine if your council or local government allows you to build a fireplace inside the house. If you already have a fireplace, then it’s time to make use of it once again.
- Maintain your fridge – the refrigerator and freezer uses a lot of power. Making sure that these appliances are well-maintained is important. Check the rubber band on the fridge door to ensure that it is still sticking well. Another tip is to keep it away from the wall and to remove all the stuff on top of it. These will make your fridge a lot more efficient.
- Change your old washing machine – modern washing machines have energy-saving features. The upfront cost of getting a new washing machine may seem daunting but over time, a new washing machine will more than pay for itself. Also, ensure that your washing machine is connected to a hot water pipe.
- Unplug unused devices – you might think that you’re not being charged for electricity when you turn off your appliances but the truth is that appliances still use energy whenever it is plugged in. It is a good idea to unplug devices that are not in use from the electric socket. It might a good idea to buy sockets that have an “on/off” button so you won’t have to unplug the devices every time you leave the house.
- Optimize your computer’s consumption – many people are in the habit of leaving the computer on when they take a break. It is recommended for you to put the computer on “hibernate” or “sleep” whenever you intend to leave the room for extended periods of time.
- Use low energy light bulbs – this is a simple tip that works every time. Low-energy light bulbs are cheap and easy to install. Using them can be your first step towards lowering the cost of your electricity. Energy efficient bulbs are available in most convenience stores, supermarkets, and appliance centers.
After you follow the tips outlined above, you can now compare your previous bills to the latest one to see the progress. You’ll notice that your electricity bill has been reduced as a result of your efforts.
If you’re thinking of buying a pet online, it is important to take precautions against common scams on the internet. There are a lot of genuine sellers who would want nothing more than to find great homes for their dogs, cats, or rabbits. However, there are also scammers who are just lurking on various websites to find their next victim. You need to differentiate the real sellers from the scammers by taking note of the common modus operandi. There are two common types of pet sale scam. These are:
Scam 1: Adopt a pet for free but pay the delivery fee
This is a scam that many people fall for. The scammer usually makes up a sob story about how the pet has been rescued from an abusive household. They will say that they only want to find a suitable home for the puppy and that you were the chosen one. It is very crucial to take precautions if you hear these types of stories.
The next thing that the scammer would say is that you need to shoulder the delivery fee of $400 or more to receive the pet. Do not pay this delivery fee without having some form of protection (such as an escrow service) because the person you are dealing with is most likely a scammer.
Scam 2: Buy a pet from a “breeder” who forged documents and took pictures from other website
There are numerous scammers who pose as breeders. They usually ask for a deposit but once you make the payment, they disappear. These scammers usually steal the text copy and photos from legitimate listings so they can be hard to spot. You’ll fall in love with the cute puppy in the picture.
Before you go ahead and send the deposit, it is essential to be extra careful in your dealings. There is a good way to differentiate a genuine breeder from a scammer: ask the person to take a picture of the same dog with an object you can identify. For example, ask them to take a picture of the dog with a green blanket/ yellow ball or something else.
Here are other tips on how to detect a scam:
- Look at the picture closely for clues. In many cases, the scammer wouldn’t know much about dogs, cats, or other pets that they might be “selling”. So look at the photos they post and ask them specific questions about the dog’s breed and even whether the dog is male or female.
- Ask to see a picture of the same dog from different angles and with a background you can recognize.
- Be suspicious if the person asks to be paid via Western Union or other forms of “untraceable” payment method.
- Run a search on their email address on Google to see if there had been any complaints about it before.
Generally, if you have a bad feeling about a particular seller or breeder, it is important to steer clear. There are many legitimate sellers out there who can provide you with a great pet.
We are delighted to inform you about our new blog.
Eireads is Ireland’s free classifieds web site, yet not a big one, but certainly not the last one. We are growing and consistently improving usability and user experience.
Here we will share information about upcoming site features, press releases, market news and everything cool we find on the web. Most important that’s is also place there you can share your thoughts with us, since without your opinion we can’t make our service better.
Don’t forget to follow us on twitter, Facebook, G+ and Linkedin